Friday, April 8, 2011

Parental Supervision

It is spring break around here.

(Don’t let the un-springlike weather fool you.  We just reside in Utah, that’s all.)

So what does a momma who rarely gets the chance to sleep in do on spring break?

Sleep in!

There is a slight hazard in that though.

The smallish children.

The things they can do while mother hen is sleeping in…

Take for example our first day of spring break:

The older two were having a sleep over with grandma, Peyton was my only charge.  She wakes up at the butt crack of dawn regardless of what day it is, vacations are not part of her little mindset as of yet.

(I say as of yet, because one day, they will be, and they will be priceless to her!)

So Peyton rose with the sun, needing her Trix and chocolate milk.  I got up, groggily, got the cereal and milk for her, turned on PBS kids (Curious George to be exact), and dragged myself back to bed, hoping for a few more minutes of sleeeeep.

I woke up a little after 8.  It was all too quiet.  I thought to myself: “Self.  When things are this quiet, something is a muck.  You should get your lazy self out of bed and go see about that little one.”

But as soon as my inner monologue ended, that sweet, most darling three year old came into my room, skipping into my room, and climbed into bed with me.  I kept my eyes closed, hoping that that little sprite would want to snuggle with me for a minute.  As she cozied-up to me underneath my down comforter, she said, “Mommy..  I got an owie on my face.”

(But when she says “face” it sounds more like “bace”.  Those three year-olds and that “f” sound..)

As I opened my eyes is slight alarm (knew I should have checked on her!!) and turned to see her face, this is what I saw:

 april 012

Scary and funny all at once..  I know.

But there were no real “owies” underneath. 

Upon further investigation, I found this:

april 008

But the smart kid threw away all of the garbage! 

Guess I won’t be buying the character band aids for a while.

We’ll stick to plain old boring skin color.

5 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

That cracks me up!!!! I find chairs, stools etc... all around when one 6.5 years old needs to get something high!

Jocelyn said...

bbbwwwwhhhaaaa! I am so with you on the sleeping in part of spring break!!!! This pic is hilarious! We had to resort to the skin colored ones because my kids had too many "owies".

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

ah, that picture reminds me of Ethan! Lol, she is such a doll! :)

anniebobannie said...

So funny! She is a smart little investigator!!!

anniebobannie said...

So funny! She is a smart little investigator!!!