Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A mish-mosh.

This is the beginning of what I am going to call, a “mish-mosh” post. 
It is going to be completely random, but wonderfully random.
Let the randomness begin!!
Last week (which means that I am a week overdue for posting this..) my dear friend Tiffany, sent me a fun package. 
(To tell you the truth, I think she is trying to make up for the time in second grade, when she wouldn’t pack me in her suitcase so I could stow-away on her family trip to Hawaii.  Shhhh!  Don’t tell her I’m onto it.)
(Wink, Wink.)
I was thankful for the mid-winter pick-me-up, not to mention the new-found motivation to bake something!!  Bake anything!!
Wouldn’t these inspire YOU to bake?
jan 11 060
But that is not all…
Oh no, because it never is all for me…
I was tickled to read the small print on her tag:
“Thank you for supporting handmade!”
jan 11 062 copy
Loved it..
(Thanks again Tiffany!! xo)
My family was thankful for the cupcakes that these darling hot pads undoubtedly inspired.
inspired hotpads
(See..  you want some of those hot pads too, so you will have the sudden desire to make cupcakes..  am I right?  Or am I sooo right?)
The problem was (or shall I say IS), Peyton (bless her heart) loves these darling hot pads as well.  Forget the obviously “trying to be” hot pads that came with her toy pot and pan set this Christmas…  these are the real deal, and they are cute, face it!
(Have I mentioned how cute they are yet?!")
As soon as I finished with my little photo shoot with the darling hot pads, I set them aside while I mixed my cupcake batter.  I popped them into the oven hoping they might bake just a little faster than usual just so I could use the hot pads sooner.
Peyton had fun during the waiting period though.  She was baking a concoction of her own in her little kitchen, enjoying those darling hot pads.  When she got side tracked, I immediately retrieved my sweet hot pads, and returned them, lovingly, to their new home in my kitchen.  Then I proceeded to wait…
That was the most painfully painful 25 minute wait.
As the kitchen timer went off, the hot pads were nowhere to be found!  (Again.)
It was quite tragic that I had to resort to using the ugly “old” hot pads of mine, they were totally fine the day before, but now..  they weren’t so good.
As soon as those cupcakes were safely out of the oven, in a safe, cool place where they wouldn’t overcook and get all dry, I set out about finding those darling hot pads.
You’ll never guess where I found them..
Under Peyton’s pillow.
It’s a good thing there are two of them. ;)
Speaking of good things…  my friend Em is hosting an auction with some pretty sweet stuff on her blog this week.
Em had her son early and he just couldn’t stay here with us.  All funds raised will go directly to the March of Dimes.
We have all benefitted from this organization, let’s help support her team!
And the last random thing I can pull out of the air today would be that it is “Template Tuesday” at Digi Lovely.
Make sure you read all the great things that can happen to you when you download this FREE template, create with it, and share on Jessica Sprague.  I mean, really, great things.
Oh, P and S…  I am pretty sure the randomness just ended.
Post edit of epic proportions!!
I nearly forgot..
Okay, so I totally forgot.
Go to my friend Tiffany’s Etsy store and check out what other darling goodies she makes.
Support handmade!!!

3 comments:

BookwormMom said...

There is never a day I don't want to make cupcakes.

Maecy said...

Those are cute!!! I will add to random things in your brain and let you know that I think we have the same counter top and one of these days we will have to verify in person by actually completing our plans to have our children and their mommies play :)

Tiffany said...

Thank you for the kind words. I know that you did make it to Hawaii eventually so I should be off the hook now, right? :D I love your story, Peyton is such a cutie!