Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3.

nov3

As this day is ending, as all three are asleep in their beds, I reflect back on this day and find myself so grateful for so many things..  look at these three.  What isn’t there to be thankful for?

I am thankful to be able to be home with them.

I am thankful that I have the opportunity of spending time, alone, with each one of them (even though it will never be enough for either of us).

I am thankful that I get to go to school with Ashley one day, every week.

I am thankful for the time I get to be with just Peyton every day.

I am thankful for Lynn and all the “talk time” we get.

I am thankful for the confidence I feel in being a mother.

I am thankful for their giggles.

I am thankful to be there when they learn something new.

I am thankful that they play together.

I am thankful that they show each other love.

I am thankful for the drama, because then there are the sweet “I am sorries”, the tender hugs and the “I love yous”.  If it’s Peyton who was the offender or the offendee, there is a kiss involved too.

I am thankful when I hear of good choices they have made.  I realize that I am doing something right when another parent tells me something kind one of my girls has done.

I am thankful to be their mother.

2 comments:

anniebobannie said...

you are the BEST mom I know and they are so lucky to have you! They are sweet little girls and you too are blessed to have them!

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

your girls are so lucky to you as their mommy! I love this idea of being thankful every day! :)