Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23.

I am thankful for the kinda-sorta “blizzard” we had for a second today.  I am thankful for the excitement and fun it brought.

nov23 013

They (the meteorologists) sure talked up a big storm, and we were excited!  But, it wasn’t as big as we’d hoped for…  it did pile-up outside the door.

I think there were some people praying that it would putter out.  We were praying to get snowed in, for the power to go out, have to live off of our food storage, use the lanterns and flashlights for a night (or two), cook dinner on our camp stove, sleep underneath mounds of blankets snuggled closely to each other to keep warm.. 

You know, an “adventure”.

We had fun while it lasted…

After dinner, as I sat down to finish Lynn’s birthday shirt, Merrill came in my craft room, looked out the window, rubbed his hands together, and said to the girls, “Let’s go out and run in it!”

We were all down.

nov23 017

nov23 018

nov23 038

Soon, everyone had on snow gear, and we were out in it. 

We made a few snow angels, chased each other and even had a couple of tackles and white-washes.

After that, it was inside for hot baths, hot cocoa & homemade doughnuts, and snuggling while we watched a movie.

What a great day!

Maybe the next storm will pan out the way WE want it to (sigh..).

nov23 053

7 comments:

BookwormMom said...

I agree!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

at least you have snow to play in! I really do miss the snow! But if I get a real hankering for the white fluffy stuff, we just drive 45 minutes to Cedar and I am in love for a little while! ;)

Ally's Corner said...

Snow? Oh my! Birthday shirt I want to see pictures. You need an etsy store!

anniebobannie said...

love it! You are both such amazing fun parents! i am totally down with making fun memories!

Six-Pack Momma said...

I was a little disappointed, too. But the night was great anyway.

Bonnie said...

So fun! I just love the attitude youguys have about things like that. Lightening, winter snow...

Platt Family said...

Cute pictures! Have a Happy Turkey Day!