Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday fun..

birthday
I really wanted to make some birthday decorations that will stand the test of time.  Things that can be re-used, but be cute, and make each birthday (and birthday girl) feel special.
 birthday2
So it all started with a banner..  fun colors, funky lettering.  I had all the fabric in my stash and it worked out better than I had thought!
birthday3
Then I made a birthday block similar to the Christmas one.
birthday4
I made the banner to coordinate with the colors in the scrapbook paper I chose.  The girls thought it was really cool when they woke up the next day to see Ashley’s name and age with pictures of her.
birthday5
My sister-in-law e-mailed me a pic of a chair cover similar to this, but I jazzed it up a bit more (cause that’s the way I roll..)
In the end, I am more than happy with how they all turned out, happy that I still managed to get the cake done, and done well, and even more happy that the other girls are excited when they will see these again on their birthdays.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Way cute stuff!

Ally's Corner said...

If for only one day we could do freaky friday and I could see what it's like to be so creative!!!

The Anderson's said...

Umm...tutorials please!