Wednesday, April 15, 2009

REALLY sucks...

I have been telling Merrill, that instead of fixing (or the pursuit of trying to fix) our five year old computer, we should just splurge with a small amount of our tax return, and buy a new one.
Novel idea, I know...
He was hesitant as the newly acquired technology would soon be outdated (but our existing computer would be even more outdated!!) so...
We had Austin, Merrill's brother who is computer (and other electronic toy) savvy come and assist us in expanding the size of our hard drive.. it's been a process as our computer is much like a dinosaur, with plates on it's back.. very annoying plates.. and this technology is dated to pre-Autin's awesome knowledgeness... in other words, slow in going.
Yesterday morning, the plated dinosauric computer did not wake from it's previous night's slumber.
I, however, woke to yelling (some potty words were shouted I am sure, most of the words a little indiscernible..), the sound of objects being thrown, and what sounded like a yelp or two (at least I didn't exaggerate it into emotional sobbing Mer :)...).. it was an interesting wake-up call.
So, should I say I won?
We are getting anew computer, after all :D
I have MANY things to post.. but those might just have to wait until either A- Austin can resurrect the beast, or B- our newly built Dell gets here sooner than expected.. or I guess there's a third option, I live at the hotel when I need to post?
That's where I am right now, while the kiddos make a mess of the Lofthouse cookies sitting here on the desk...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Hows about you come over here and we get our craft on! And you can use one of my computers.

Jesse's is slow... I hate it! I love opening up my laptop and seeing the page load right before my eyes. It's a great feeling! We have talked about getting Jesse a new computer, it has yet to happen though. His is only five years old. He says it's out dated, the only thing that keeps us on the updated side of technology is the fact that Jesse has to have it that way for his line of work.

Nathan said...

Did you SERIOUSLY just say the D-word??? DELL?!? I can't believe you...tsk tsk tsk...

kdance10 said...

Computers:) I guess it's good my hubby works for H.P. but all i use is his laptop. That is so fun that you get to just chill at the hotel:D

Bonnie said...

Yea new computer! Love the easter pictures of the girls!

Aleesha said...

Hey Mindy! I just wanted to say thanks for those cute things you gave to Jaclyn to give to me for my American Cancer Society fundraiser. You are so talented.

Oh, and good luck with the computer thing! There's nothing worse than your computer breaking.