Friday, December 12, 2008

Flashback Friday...

Remember this one?
Yeah, we got it for Christmas one year, and as kids, we LOVED IT! When mom was cleaning out the old VHS tapes, this was in the pile to go... I couldn't let it go, though. I claimed it as my own. Good thing I did...
From a young age, Lynn loved the soundtrack (yes, I have it on tape... another Christmas gift from Christmas past...) and she would usually blare it, as loud as she could, which also led to my putting the stereo up and out of her reach. I was a little worried that my non-LDS neighbors were thinking I was forcing religion on my not quite 2 year-old... anyway...
Lynn has an "on and then off again" love with this phenomena called "Saturday's Warrior". Today happens to be an "on" day. She is currently watching the flick for the second time today, and that is rare that I let my kids watch the same movie more than once a day, I kinda favor variety... but this one... I don't mind. It's all good content, and it evokes good memories. It also makes me baby hungry (not a good thing for Mer-Bear) and makes me homesick for those days when I got to welcome a fresh, pure little spirit into this world! I cannot help but cry a little when I hear the opening and closing song... or that baby's cry when she's born...
Ahhh... memories!

3 comments:

Tiffany Nash said...

I love love love Saturdays Warriors! I think I've watched it a hundred times!

Brooke said...

I love it too. As a teenager, we weren't allowed to watch TV on Sundays... so I would put that movie in and get a paper towel and the Lemon Pepper. I would watch the movie and pour my lemon pepper into the paper towel... lick the tip of my finger and pick up the Lemon Pepper. oh the days when I could eat as much sodium as I wanted and not have to worry about tree trunk cankles

kdance10 said...

I have not watched that movie for YEARS! Wow i need to find that one.