Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Flashback...

Here's the last 10 years worth of Christmases... they have been awesome! All pictures of us in our many matching pajamas... it started out, just us, and over the years, it has been such a blessing to add to our little family. So many memories... this year will be so fun, watching it again, through our childrens eyes... having it be Peyton's first... gosh it's great! Love you Mer!
1998... our first year dating. We spent Christmas Eve with Merrill's family, and when I say "we", I mean my whole family. Darlene got us all matching PJs too! (Kinda a goofy pic, but for some reason, I couldn't find the one I wanted...)

1999... we were engaged... Merrill got me a picture of the Salt Lake temple, which hangs in our home this day, that was the temple we got married in. He made me cry when I opened up another gift that I use to this day.. my scriptures. I opened them thinking, "how sweet... he got me a quad..." Then I finished tearing off the wrapping paper... he had my name put on them, "Mindy M. Pitcher"...(he wasn't sure if I would use my maiden name or use my middle name, both beginning with "M"...) So sweet!
2000... our first year married. We spent the night on Christmas Eve with everyone in Austin's room, and spent Christmas morning at Merrill's family's house. We went home and opened up our gifts to each other... we had so much fun in our apartment!
2001.. the year we got to go to Hawaii... that was our Christmas gift from Merrill's parents. It was also the year before the Salt Lake winter Olympics. Our first year in our house... waiting to get our couches from RC Willey... we still haven't bought from them since.
2002... LYNN"S FIRST CHRISTMAS!!! (Need I say more?...)
2003... Lynn's first REAL Christmas. It was the year of the Cookie Monster. She loved him! We got a huge snowstorm that year too. I think it snowed for almost 3 days straight. Fun times!
2004... Ashley joined our family. Santa spoiled Lynn! I was surprised she got spoiled, she walked in on Santa, but was too groggy and didn't remember... so he told me in an e-mail. She got "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat" DVD.. and our lives haven't been the same since... "...I look handsome I look smart.. I am a walking work of art..." Our whole family can be heard singing any song from that score... There were (are) a few girls in our house who developed a small crush on Donny Osmond... (sigh..)
2005... This was Clint's last Christmas a t home... he would serve a mission the next two years in England. We partay-ed... Santa spoiled both of the girls. Lynn got a karaoke machine, and Ash got a little rocking horse... she loved that thing! Mom and dad spoiled too... they still enjoy those toys today.
2006... this year we were M&Ms... our family was so fittingly the "nutty" M&Ms. It seems like every year we have issues getting the girls to cooperate and SMILE!!! Take a look at Lynn...
2007... It was such a fun Christmas. The girls were so excited to see the "Rose Petal Cottage" that they didn't think Santa would bring because Daddy supposedly told him not to. They also got a doll house for their Barbies that they love... and a million and one Barbie things...
We can't wait to see what this year brings!

8 comments:

Emalee said...

I LOVE all the jammies. My mom does pj bottoms every year. I remember you living in the apartment and you telling me about your flash light tag night. hahaa.....to this day when i get a flash light out at night I think of that.

Rachael said...

What a cute family, I love the pj's from last year, to bad they weren't one piece pj's. In every picture of Lynn she looks like she's a little more comfortable.

Merry Christmas Pitcher Family!

Brooke said...

I see you were rockin' the silver eye shadow too in 2001.

kdance10 said...

How cute is that. I love how every year you are in front of the same tree. I love the p.j's we do the m too just not matching but i love that. Have a great christmas

Ally0005 said...

Love all the pictures in PJ's.
We take pictures each year and I put them in a frame and hang them on our tree.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Aaahhh...I wish I had pictures like that!

jaclyn said...

is your back ready for the pyramid shot?? :)

BookwormMom said...

I love your stories...and it made me think of my own Christmas Flashbacks...and now I'm actually sobbing, with tears pouring down my face...I'm a little emotional.