Monday, November 17, 2008

Aaaaahhh....

You can take that as the breath in between sobs or as a sigh of relief...
I was released yesterday.
While Primary President was a lot of stress and responsibility, I loved it! I loved who I served with, I love those kids!
I didn't love the inner struggles and contention that I would sometimes feel. Feeling like I wasn't doing anything right... it was also hard to have been told, back in AUGUST, that a release was coming, after the Primary Program... and here we are... anyways...
I still pray for a better attitude.
I feel so much peace, because I knew who was supposed to be in there, and those sisters are awesome! My family is in good hands.
It will be weird Sunday, that I will have close to zero responsibility. My biggest stress will be making sure there's goldfish in the diaper bag...
We went to the temple on Saturday night, and I so needed that. There are so many blessings that come to us because of the temple. We are so blessed to have so many near us. It gave me comfort to be there. I received the answers I was in need of. Thanks Kaitlyn for watching the girls!!!
It seemed, that, just to reaffirm the importance of the temple, there was a fireside for the sisters about the temple, last night. Christie and I went together, and cried together! It just crowned the weekend.
I came home to Mer loving his girls...I always worry about Peyton being happy, and he snuggled her to sleep!

6 comments:

Zariph and Lisa said...

Mindy, you were an awesome Primary President. I'm looking forward to seeing you in RS, it's been a while. And I'm sure you won't be "off" for too long...

The Anderson's said...

Hey Min! I am sure you were a great primary president I hope you enjoy RS now. You're such an inspiration!

jaclyn said...

girl, you've had quite the week!

Platt Family said...

Sorry about the release, it is so hard to move on, BUT.., it is nice to begin a new adventure and learn new things1 I bet you will be missed!

Ashley and Devan said...

You were a great Primary president. I'm sure being released must be bitter sweet. Your blog looks so super cute by the way!

TumbleBee said...

I'm so sad!thanks for putting up with me!SORRY!:)sniff.