Thursday, November 13, 2008

9 months...

First attempt at our monthly picture... she's too fast!
But not fast enough!
She's been feeling kinda crummy today. I think it's her flu shot kickin' in. She is not happy unless she's on my hip. Even the tub, which she loves endlessly (seriously, she gets mad when I take her out...) wouldn't cheer her up. It was interesting eating a soft taco one-handed... but not as interesting as scrapping a page (for real! I am so excited!!!) one-handed. It took much longer than it should have...
Some things that she is doing now at 9 months...
-Waves "hi" and "buh-byes"... loves waving goodnight to the girls.
-Pats her mouth with her hand or fist to make funny sounds.
-Plays peek-a-boo very well.
-Claps, even when an audience is clapping on tv...
-Standing
-Cruising
-Dancing (bouncing really, but we know it's dancing ;)...)
-Finds the remote when we hide it.
-Tries to pry my mouth open when she knows I am eating something.
-Gives kisses! She even kissed the Glow Worm tonight... it was quite sweet.
She has this really special connection with Ashley. She could play right next to Ash for hours and be entertained. Ash just has to say "groceries" most of the time to incite endless giggles out of her baby sis. Peyton really likes pulling Ashley's hair as a "thank you".
Pey still loves those fingers! Don't know if that will ever end. I pray for straight teeth...
Meanwhile, Lynn is reading so well. We are on our third and fourth "baggie books". She reads with expression, something that ihave been working with her on. The way she reads exclamation points!!! I'll have to get that recorded, she's funny. I can't beleive that she reads...
Ashley has this new game she and Merrill have been playing. She'll pop in, unannounced, and say, "Hey dad! I have something in my pocket for you (sometimes it's behind her back, or she found it underher bed...)..." Then she whips out her little hand signing "I Love You"and Merrill flashes his right back at her. I am so glad that they have their special thing.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Evan has picked up clapping while we watch Wheel of Fortune... I took a picture of him the other day, but forgot to post it.

Rachael said...

Mindy it sound like you have a very cute little family. I wonder where they picked up some of that cuteness? ;)

Platt Family said...

That picture of your little one crawling away, made me laugh!