Sunday, July 27, 2008

My messy kitchen...

I actually went to bed with a dirty kitchen. That is totally out of character for me. I hate lying in bed, thinking about all of the clean-up the next day entails. But last night, after our little party, I was way too tired to worry about all of the frosting bags and tips that needed to be thoroughly cleaned. So, I went to bed. Mer thinks that I am crazy to worry about such things when there are children going hungry, and gas prices where they are... yes, my kitchen should be the least of my worries...
But let me tell you just how messy it was...
3 vinyl frosting bags, partly filled with blue, yellow, and white frosting. I only have 3 now, so when I needed the white, I had to clean a bag, the one that had red in it... if I still had four, there would be one more bag to clean.
5 frosting tips, 4 couplers...
5 butter knives
2 angled spatulas
1 11x17 cake pan
a serrated knife
one giant frosting bowl, three smaller ones... guess the colors of frosting clinging to the sides... yup, red, yellow, white, and blue!
beaters, and rubber spatulas...
a cake rack...
powdered sugar strewn all about the counter tops and partially on the floor...
some greasy frosting glob residue because the girls were licking the beaters clean and of course, some falls on the floor, you wipe it, but there is still a greasy footprint, until I mop...
a "Best Western" logo printed from the computer, all cut up into smaller pieces, for art purposes...
and 4 spoons, white, red, yellow, and blue.
Oh, and chocolate cake crumbs, pretty much making my counter top polka-dotted.
Yes, my kitchen looks like a Best Western sign blew up in it.
It is clean now.
But it was all worth it to see Dixon's face...
The girls and I just enjoyed a piece of the "blue Best Western" cake.... only 550 more pieces to go!

4 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

You go girl! I thought that a 'pro' made that cake. But then again, you are the best!

Mindy said...

whatever... I am NO pro...

Natalie said...

You made that!! I totally thought that was from a really good bakery! Good job!!!!

Platt Family said...

So I have been gone for while and haven't read any blogs. Where is your hotel and is it new? Inform me!!!