Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back in the saddle again...

See my other bog for some cute layouts... ;) If you wanna...
I have been trying to get back on track with my one a day layout goal. Today I got two done!!! So how can I not scrap when Peyton is taking such good naps, and when she's not, she loves that dang jumper... she squeals at the jungle animals hanging above her head and talks to me too. We began playing this game where I shake my head at her and say, "Not the fingers!" I am trying to get them out of her mouth all the time... she now turns-up her nose at the bink! But that is what makes her happy, especially when she is tired... she squeals and laughs so hard when we play "Not the fingers!!!". It is so cute! I love it... I have also found some tickle spots, those are great. But she'll have not much to do with me (feedings are the exception...) when Mer is home.
The girls have been so funny about saying prayers lately. They will tell each other things to say during one another's prayers in this super sweet voice that makes Mer and I smile at each other through one cracked eye during the prayer.
We always have to remind Ash to "bless the food", and yes, it is "bless the food", instead of "bless the bood". We have been working with her on her f's. She says "fartknocker" really well!
So today, Lynn was blessing our lunch...
Lynn: "Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this day. We bless our family. We bless the Holy Spirit. We bless that we can get married in the church... uh... I mean the temple someday...."
Ash: "Bless the food..." in that super-sweet voice...
Lynn: "...Bless the food. Help our bodies to be strong..."
Ash: "Bless the HOTEL..."
Yes she suggested that Lynn bless the hotel!
We went there last night to see the third floor. It looks awesome! I didn't think I would be so nervous with the girls though. I know just how dad felt at Dead Horse's Point in southern Utah now with us young-uns. Us, 30 feet away from any viewpoint, which has guardrails and chain-link fencing, dad in front of us with arms bracing us, holding us back: "Can you guys see?"

1 comment:

stacy said...

paxton and wyatt love to play ball, we should do it! we are home from bear lake so i wll be calling soon!