Wednesday, April 9, 2008

an old friend...

I found an old friend last night when I was packing my things back into my cedar chest... isn't he cute?! I love Elvis!!! I always have. I think that I turned Lynn into an Elvis junkie too... You might be shocked at all of the Elvis stuff I have... his hips go back and forth with every tick and tock...
We went and helped Promise paint her very bare and stripped kitchen. Her dad is giving her and Ken a new custom kitchen, so she gets to paint in colors that will compliment the new cabintery. That is her dad's profession. What a lucky girl! We got priming done... more work for tomorrow! James won't complain, he loves us, especially Peyton. He cried when we left!
I've been watching "Mythbusters" with Mer. It sucks that his theories always pan out... I was never any good at science...
It did get Peyton to sleep. She has had this "keep mom up while I fuss till 1 am" thing going on the past few nights... it sucks that she doesn't like binkys... I've bought three different kinds... I just don't want her to find her thumb... I was a thumb-sucker... can anyone say, "orthodontist"? Yes, I should have seen one. As soon as I heard "headgear", I said, no thanks...
Ashley's been on a funny kick. Besides thinking that someone came and took Grandma, which Grandpa got a kick out of... she has also had these few funnies:
Referring to her new haircut: "Mom, I lub my new hair that we bought at the store..."
After eating an apple and seeing the seeds: "Mom, apples have apple peanuts in them..."
Remember that Ash cannot say "f", "p", or "v"... they watch PBS kids, with a show called, "Fetch with Ruff Ruffman"... she came to me when it started: "Mom! BETCH is on!" Now what do you think that sounded like to me?

P.S. I got tagged too... sorry Jacks, almost forgot!

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

Hmmm... nearest book...
Closet at my left...
"The Simpson's"...
"Bart goes to the Kwik-E-Mart to buy ice for Homer's injuries."

- Brooke, Em, Christie, Ally :), &.... Ashley.

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

i think you should find a wall for elvis! yeah for promise!

BookwormMom said...

Hey, I've been thinking about you a lot. I even tried to make you cookies yesterday...I say tried, because I had only had 6 hours of sleep in 2 1/2 days...needless to say, I didn't put in enough flour. They dough tastes great, but the cookies didn't bake right....I'm glad the funeral and everthing went fine.
Love you!