Saturday, March 8, 2008

Oh Spit...

**A layout is posted at the bottom... whoopie!!!*Apparently Peyton has been chatting with other babies in the area... they have informed her that spitting-up is the cool thing to do. She really hasn't been spitty, until I said that...
I made banana-nut bread this morning... this is why. Lynn was watching "Anne of Green Gables" on KBYU this morning. I needed to get some things done, i.e. laundry, make the beds, get ready, make my banana-nut bread before the bananas are really bad... but Peyton had different plans. She didn't want to nap unless she was being held, so I put two and two together: she wanted to be held, Lynn wasn't doing anything. They both loved it. Peyton got a good nap.
Sisterly love... and a messy face...
So here's the page... page two will come soon, when I get part two of the pics... again, there's one for me, the one posted is for Peyton.
So I have been thinking a lot, excuse me while I think out loud (clickety-clack clack)...
Our wonderful state has recently passed legislation on booster seats. 8 and under or under 4' 9", needs to be in a booster. So our little family, who cruises around in a Honda Civic, do the math, 5 of us, 3 under 8, the backseat of a Civic... we can't fit three car seats... But laws when we planned on having Peyton were different, we weren't breaking any laws. So my thoughts are that the state can't force us to buy a new vehicle... but legislation for smoking in a car with children (as a secondary offense), and thus endangering children, did not pass because a car is a person's private property, and the state can't dictate what a person can or cannot do while in their car... hmmm...
Another issue about the safety of children... my friends and I have recently gotten into a discussion about SIDS. I do not want to seem naive, but, I feel like there is so much more to SIDS than just tummy sleeping. There has to be a link with how strong the baby is, health, what the home life is like... I also feel like there is something that needs to be said about Heavenly Father's plan. Not all things are able to be explained. Maybe that is part of the plan. I don't mean to be insensitive.. I have never had to endure an experience like this, nor do I know anyone who has. I just find it interesting. As I was talking about it with my mom the other day, she said the same thing. Our testimonies make us more confident as moms to know what is right and good for our families, our children, even when "knowledge"tells us otherwise... again, don't want to start a firestorm, just wanted to voice my opinion. I believe there is something more to it...
10 years... Hallie will be 10 this next week. 10 years is big to me. That is how long Mer and I have been together... there will be the story and a slide show later so you all will love 10 years just as much as I do!
I am so not looking forward to the time change tomorrow... I have a baby's schedule to figure out and a meeting to go to... arrggghhhh!
P.S. Spring is officially here... Mer worked a half-day today... that only happens when he absolutely needs to. We are thankful when things pick-up business-wise, it's just hard to let go of our Saturdays together...

3 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Heavenly Father also gives us research and information to make our own decisions...And then you do have to trust HIM. And if you do everything HE asks you, it is HIS will or in HIS plan. If you don't use the resourses he's provided, will you ever know if it was HIS plan, or yours?

Just food for thought, but if you do decide to tummy sleep sweet "P", Please don't tell me, because the knowledge will keep me up at night with nightmares. Seriously.

Luv you anyway, no matter what.

Brooke said...

i love you mindy! :)

Rachael said...

Time Change what! It wasn't until reading your post that I realized it's day-light savings time. NO... I hate it. I like my clocks the way they were.