Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback Friday...


This weekend marks 8 years since Mer and I went through the temple for the first time.
What an experience! I was quite emotional (see red nose and blood-shot eyes...), for many reasons, but to have everything that I had been taught my whole life, fit together and make sense, it was awesome! The things we learn there give so much more clarity to Heavenly Father's plan for us. There is peace there. What a blessing it is, to have such a sacred and holy place to go to feel the Spirit. To learn...
Covenants that we made, promises that are given to us if we keep those covenants, testify that He loves us.
All that we learned that day was just a preparation for our marriage that took place within the week. Everything we learned, made our sealing make so much more sense.
To have our families there with us, was so neat. It didn't feel complete though. We still had younger siblings that weren't there. We had parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, brothers-in-law, and sisters-in-law.... (do Joe and Jaclyn count for two on that?) So many more there in spirit, I'm sure...
What an awesome memory!
What's even cooler, I learn more every time I go back...

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

cute m & m!! cade gets a kick out of the pic of lynn & ash making funny faces!! he points to the computer and says, ash, ash!

Ashley and Devan said...

Look at you as a blonde! You were very cute! I love going to the temple too. For me it is the most peaceful place on earth.