Saturday, January 19, 2008

I LOVE my Merrill!!!

This is what I did all day today...I left the house at 10 am and didn't arrive home until 5:30 pm. That is almost a workday for Merrill! He was so good to me, letting me play all day long!
I didn't scrapbook the whole time... you know there had to be some "yip-yapping", lots of eating, and a little scrapbooking. I came home to find that he had the pizza dough ready and waiting for our pizza and movie night, the kitchen cleaned, the dishwasher unloaded, and the breakfast dishes cleaned-up. The girls were happy, and dressed. He somehow managed to keep them in clothes all day long! No little girls running-around in panties to greet me when I got home! When I couldn't stop telling him how much it all meant to me, he said, "Please remember it tomorrow when I have no gift for you." He has been looking ever since Christmas for "the gift" without any luck. He tried all night last night, and the night before, and even the one before that, hunting, and today he looked for the "back-up" without any luck. That's really okay... today means more than anything I know that he could find in any store!
I highly suggest the Vicks Vapor Rub on the feet strategy... worked very well! I slept well, considering I had a three year old who had a late night "power nap"...

2 comments:

Ally0005 said...

Got to love great husbands, your husband gave you the best gift of all. I'm going to try your Vicks Vapor Rub on Anna tonight. Always love your pages. My neighbor told me about Temple square she goes in the summer when we visits her parents.

Six-Pack Momma said...

So glad to hear the Vicks worked....I wonder if it will help kids who just plain don't stay in thier beds all night....wishful thinking, I'm sure.... :)