Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am going to make carmel...


I had yet another hard night of sleeping. I was awake from 3:36 am until ??? I was so tempted to get up, and come see what was happening on line. Blogging is too bloggin' addictive...
We've been trying to get the girls better about going to bed. In the not too far future, they are going to have to get used to having someone else around, who is somewhat used to all their noise, but not to the bedtime ruckus... Mer had a talk with Lynn last night about how important is is that she listen and be a good example, you know, so life might be a little easier... She came to me, after this less than 10 minute chit-chat, and told me everything she learned from dad. She said, "He talked to me for hours..."
He's so good to take over in these kind of situations. He has been dong a lot more to help the girls, taking a lot off my shoulders. The only thing that they don't want dad to do: wipe their bums. That's still a "mom job". They'll have to get used to dad in that area though too... I don't know how I'll handle that when I am nursing... Daytime potty trips should get interesting...
There is no more room, I am sure, for Peyton... her movements seemed so gentle and graceful not that long ago, now they are hard! You can see limbs, and a cute little bum too, poking out. It's a little painful, as I don't think my skin, or what is supposed to be a bellybutton (I am very sensitive about that...) can take anymore violent moves...
Well, at least the house is all clean, and the laundry is all caught up... So after a full day today of Sunday prep., I think I will go make some carmel. I heard, when I was preggers with Lynn, that carmel helps pregnant women sleep. Nothing better than whole milk and a lot of sugar to get some z's! I wonder if it will work on two little girls too...

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

i want some... remember who brought you whoopie pies!! guilt, guilt!

Mindy said...

if it lasts, oink! oink!