Saturday, December 1, 2007





First, well second, snow! First one that we got to play in anyway...
It started last night, late, and we prayed for a lot of it to fall on us. Our prayers were answered. We woke up to this beautiful sight out of our window. We got about 7 inches, not too shabby...
I got the girls all ready and Merrill took them out to play while he cleared the driveway. They had some fun! I feel bad that I am improvising on snow clothes. We've never had snow pants for them. I told them, as I was piling on the layers and layers of clothes, that maybe they would get some for Christmas. Lynn was a little disturbed at how many items of clothing I was putting on her body. She protested a little. Ashley just went with it. She took my little bit of explanation, I didn't make the science of warmth too complicated for her, and did it. She kept telling Lynn to "just do it, I did..." So simple to her...

Lynn really wanted Merrill to build her a tunnel, she called it a hole, for her to crawl through. He packed the snow down and started digging. Ash kept attacking him, jumping on him and throwing snowballs at him, making sure they went down his shirt. He got it done. Lynn had her first attempt and cried when it got a little too tight for her. She said she couldn't fit because her head was too big! He widened it a little and the second attempt went much better. We tried to get Ash to do it. She said she couldn't. I told her to pretend like she was a snake and to slither on her tummy. She got really mad and said that she couldn't pretend to be a snake "because she was not wearing a snake costume!" Do we take dress-up a little too seriously or what?

Our ward party was tonight. We didn't go. I have been having these pains. Nothing major, but certainly uncomfortable. I feel best when I am laying down and children are not teasing each other, preferably... It got really bad when I went to do groceries. It is already difficult pushing the cart, with groceries, and anywhere from one to two riders, and all of the Braxton Hicks, then all slippery floors today, and snow in the parking lot! I was feeling great (yes, that italic great is sarcasm, Brooke...) when I got home and got to carry all of the groceries into the house and up the stairs to the kitchen.... Merrill was supposed to take the girls so I could get it all done by myself, less weight to push and less time out, but I ended up bringing the gang when he never returned from helping his dad. That was why I got the workout of carrying them in all by myself too. Love him though! At least I didn't have to clear the driveway to get out!

No comments: