Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Today has been interesting. It all started very early today, 12:33 am in fact. Lynn woke up with that cough. It sounds like it hurts. Apparently the cough meds I gave her weren't helping, or the breathing treatment. Well, I guess they did, three hours worth of what should have been four hours. So I went to Wal-Mart to get something to help her get through the night, me too. I have forgotten how many strange people are out that late, grocery shopping and working. I used to work those hours, I don't think I was one of the weird ones... So anyway... After I search and search for what would be the best thing, I settle on a couple, one for nighttime and one for the daytime, make my purchase and go home. Lynn fell asleep, still coughing though. So I got her up and dosed her with some nighttime stuff. Works great. She slept until almost 11 today, with two separate naps that were two hours or longer during the day. Can you tell she's sick yet?
Not so great for Ash. She woke up about quarter of six this morning with the same cough. She cries when she coughs. I gave her some meds and snuggled with her. We slept, kind of, until about 9:30 when she woke up with a fever, sore throat, and still that cough! I had to investigate. I love the Internet. It sounds viral.
Bad news, I had to go back to the store to get cough syrup that acts as an expectorant, not suppressant, that means some crying. I can't stand to hear them cough, it breaks my heart! The store was CRAZY!!! I got what I needed and got out of there!
The girls have had an okay day. Tylenol and that expectorant are kind of hard to force down two very sore throats, especially when they know one of the pink cups does not taste very good. I am an expert briber now.
So what am I thankful for today? How has the Lord blessed my life today?
I was, no, am able to go to a store, that is close, and get what I need.
I am blessed to have the money I needed to get the medicine that I needed, both times.
I am blessed to be a mother who has the aid of the Spirit. When I pray in the morning for help and guidance, it is there.
I am blessed to live in the time that I do, that I can get on the Internet and see what I am facing.
I am blessed to have Merrill who is able to leave work for just a few minutes so I could run to the store, without dragging my poor, sick, girls along.
I know that there are people out there who don't have a lot of these things, and I am thankful that I do. These blessings, and more, have made it so that today wasn't as bad as I know it could have been.

No comments: