Friday, October 12, 2007

Today I am being brought to the realization of how old the kids are getting. The way that they play together, the things that they say or remember, the things that they learn... Lynn seems to have this crazy memory, she seriously remembers things that have happened two to three years ago! She'll hear a song or see a movie maybe only once and she remembers lines and can tell them to you. She sings primary songs perfectly at home but won't even try at church... She talks to people in a movie or on TV to tell them what they should or shouldn't do or say. We witnessed her doing the same thing last night with Ash. Ashley started in on Merrill with an attitude bigger than she is. She got a punishment, time out on her bed and her care bear taken away, Lynn snuck up to rescue her. She took her her care bear and then told her what she should say to Merrill to let him know how she felt about him. Ashley came downstairs and said, "Daddy, you're a dingbat." Well, they both got a talkin to after that one. Merrill suggested to Ashley that she not follow Lynn's advice.
I am having a hard time believing that Ash is actually three! It has been a week really, and all I can think of is how she should still be tiny... but she is so fun to see grow and change too. I love to hear her say that I look "beu-bull" or to hear what her "fa-brite" things are. Other favorite mangled three year old words are, mobie=movie, bood=food, lub=love... there are so many! She snorts when she laughs now, which is funny because I seem to do that too, only when I am pregnant, and big.
This baby, Peyton for now, is getting stronger and I do believe I am feeling her hiccup now. She is practicing breathing and swallowing in her amniotic fluid now. She stuck her bum out at Mer the other night. He was so happy to feel her move. She always stops kicking when he tries to feel. It was so cute feeling her wiggle her bum in his hand.
I am just so blessed! I love my life! (This however does not give anyone permission to come and mess with my happiness though!) Then I get to look out the front window and see the gorgeous fall scenery that is laid out just for me... the mountains are so beautiful and I am so thankful to live as close as I do to them. They feel like protection to me. I think of my favorite primary song, "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me", and I see this and I KNOW that He does!

No comments: