Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Okay... Placenta effect! (Or maybe it's because this is my new and exciting toy!) My purpose, my whole goal with starting this blog, and my first post, I space it!!!!
Believe it or not, I can think of two blessings, that just jump out and grab me, already today.
Number one: A phone conversation I had with a friend that makes me feel like I am such a good person, and that what I am doing with my life is great! Being a mom has always been a big deal to me. I broke off one engagement because his opinion of what I should do when it came to mothering vs. working, changed. I have family who does not necessarily agree with the choice my husband and I have made when it comes to my staying home. So to have friends who are supportive and have the same struggles I do... are conversations and moments I cherish.
Number two: A car that started! Our car decided to not start the first few times I tried to start it today. I am not a car person, so my best guess was that there was something wrong with the battery. It is only a year old, the battery that is, but the car which is almost ten years old, has never given us any problems. (Knock on Wood.) We know the inevitable will happen, someday we will have to get a new car, but today I didn't want to think of that. I silently prayed, "Heavenly Father, not today, I don't want to worry about this, not right now please." I waited just a minute and listened to the girls talking about how the car was "broken" and "we'll have to buy a new one", opened a letter, and tried again, it took a few seconds longer than it should have, but it started, I got a cheer from the girls, and got my errand done! And it started right up again when I needed it to. Some might try to explain it away saying, that it probably was a battery issue and driving it charged it. But to me, it is a blessing.
Lesson: No matter how dumb we think our problems may me, how small in comparison to others needs and concerns, if it is important to us, it is important to Him.

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

I LOVE IT, MINDY! You are awesome! I hope to be like you when I grow up!