Saturday, October 13, 2007

I love that I did nothing today. Well I really didn't do "nothing". I made waffles for breakfast, got a couple loads of laundry done, did some dishes, played with the girls... but I really did nothing. I didn't have to leave the house, I didn't even get in the car today! I am so thankful for days like these when I can do nothing. I think the girls love them too. We just all play, we are relaxed. There is none of the stress and rush of going here or there or behaving (heaven forbid). I love Sunday for the same reason, but today, was just different form a Sunday. There is a certain stress that comes with Sunday. Usually there is an argument or temper-tantrum involving going to church or what we wear to church. Then comes the rush of trying to be there at least a little early, so I can attend to my own responsibilities. Just getting everything accomplished there so people don't look at me and think I am a nut, or wonder why on earth someone called ME to be primary president, when I can't seem to keep my own kids under control... I love Sundays, but I am thankful for today, and for doing nothing. I hope the girls remember that we had days like today, even if they didn't seem to come that often.

No comments: